Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Green fingers


Since April I've been growing lots of pots of vegetables in my tenement close and on the buildings flat roof. I've never tried to grow anything before and I've found it strangely addictive. I've got pots of onions, potatoes, carrots, chillies, peppers, herbs and tomatoes. At the weekend I had a wee rumage in the dirt and dug up my first potato and was delighted by the result. As you can see from the photo above, its a beauty. I'm thinking of entering it into a "most beautiful potato" competition. My inital plan was to grow enough vegetables to make a bowl of soup but I think I might just buy a big display cabinet and show them off to friends.

This coming weekend I plan to dig up some onions so look forward to some more exciting vegetable based images next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...