Pages

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The power of hoo doo


Yesterday was a spooky day. I foolishly read a horror story when I got home from work and less than an hour after finishing it the power cut to my whole flat. Gav and I investigated but could find nothing wrong. I phoned Scottish Power who advised they were sending out an engineer. I then sat up in bed waiting, reading by the light of a candle and trying to put the spooky sounds of distant fireworks and things on the roof moving, out my head. I waited and waited as my candle flickered and burned lower and lower, I fell asleep.

The next morning, a little annoyed, I called Scottish Power again.

"I'm sorry sir", they advised "We have no record of you calling last night. Are you sure you called us?"

I think halloween arrived a day late to Camphill Gate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...