Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

7 Stanes

Ae: The Talking Head Stane
Really like the sculptures by Gordon Young. They were a made for the 7stanes which are seven mountain biking centres developed by the Forestry Commission spanning the south of Scotland, from the Scottish Borders to Dumfries and Galloway.  At each centre a stone sculpture was installed which made reference to a local story.


This is similar to a project I completed as part of my Architecture PostGrad Thesis, entitled "The Art of the Storyteller" where I travelled Scotland gathering stories from the people I met. I then designed 10 folly buildings/ installation that told some of those stories through their forms. Its something I've been thinking of returning to one day, as I gathered way more tales than I was able to use.


 Mabie: The Ghost Stane
Kirroughtree: The Gem Stane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...